Pages

20 February 2014

Häagen Dazs 20.02.14

So in Japan, recently Häagen Dazs released two new, seasonal flavours for their "30th anniversary".

One I am a fan of myself.. the other one!? Not so much. The flavours are: sakura (cherry blossom), and rose. Can you guess which one that I do not find desirable? The rose flavoured one of course. Although I have not tried it out myself, I am also just as sure that I will not. I think that rose is something you either love, or hate. As much as I love the flower itself.. I absolutely do not like rose fragrances, flavours.. or anything similar to that. Blehhh.

Sakura, anyhow, I really like. It reminds me of bubblegum taste. When I've eaten, or been drinking something with sakura flavour, I immediately become reminded of my childhood. Every now and then, my mother would buy me this pink, soft bubblegum in a tube, that I always loved to chew. With a taste so sweet.

But I won't lie. Sakura is a complicated flavour. You can easily go wrong with it. For example, I've eaten sakura softcream, that wasn't a big hit. Häagen Dazs sakura ice cream is however awesome, . Starbucks Sakura Latte isn't that good either. Way too milky. It takes a pro to master the flavour of sakura.

Anyhoo, back to the topic, me and sweetie bought both sakura and rose. His sister wanted to try out both flavours. So I've taken a couple of pictures of both the ice creams.

If you're in Japan, take this opportunity to buy any of these ice creams, while they're still available. I recommend sakura one. If you're a fan of cherry blossoms, you'll be a fan of this ice cream too. The price is around 180¥ if I remember correctly :)

Which one of these would you like to try out!?








1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've seen these on a lot of blogs and instagram accounts. The sakura one, just GIVE me! Haha, I love sakura.

    ReplyDelete